7th Annual Rice PlantingSaturday, June 11, 2022 8:30am - 2:00pm
Saturday, June 18 in case of inclement weather See below for details.
Applications for 2022 have been closed.
atoyama Club Minuma will hold its 7th rice planting. The Club has grown rice completely without pesticides and chemical fertilizers for the past six times. Moreover, rice planting is done by hand, and the harvested rice is “hazakake rice” (see below), which is naturally dried and tastes excellent. Please discharge the stress accumulated by the Corona disaster into the soil and enhance your immunity.
Rice planting in 2021
Hazakake rice after harvesting
- 14 minutes on foot from Higashiurawa Station on the JR Musashi Line (45 minutes from Shinjuku or Tokyo)
- By car: Enter “Omaki Park Parking Lot or Omaki Park Dog Run Parking Lot, Omaki, Midori-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama” in Google Maps and search. Park in the parking lot on the left and walk 5 minutes to the rice paddies adjacent to the “Satoyama Club Minuma PR sign” just after crossing the Sakura Bridge.
- Location on Google Maps: Search for “2449 Shiba River Sakura Bridge, Omamaki, Midori-ku, Saitama City” and find the rice field adjacent to the “PR sign of Satoyama Club Minuma” just after crossing the Sakura Bridge Google Maps
Date & Time
Saturday, June 11 (Saturday, June 18 in case of bad weather)
Meet: 8:30 a.m. Start: 9:00 a.m. End: 2:00 p.m.
Schedule for the day
- Gather by 8:30 a.m. to start the briefing. Rice planting begins: 9:00 a.m.
- Break every 1 to 1.5 hours
- Lunch (you must bring your own): 12:00 noon to 1 hour
- Completion by 2:00 p.m.
- Afterwards, those who wish to will move to the Club’s new field to experience digging for potatoes.
- You will take home 2 – 3 kg worth of potatoes.
- Dismissal at any time
5,000 yen per family,
5,000 yen per person for single participants
Things to bring
Boots, gloves, hat, towel, sunscreen, (sunglasses), lunch, drink
Social gathering after rice planting (for those who wish)
From around 3:00 p.m.
Fee: ¥2,000 for drinkers ¥1,000 for non-drinkers
How to apply
Please apply using the application form below.
Please pay the fee by e-mail. Please transfer the participation fee of ￥5,000 to the following bank account within 8 days of receiving a reply e-mail from the Club stating that your application has been accepted.
Musashino Bank Higashiurawa Branch Ordinary Account 1121847 “Satoyama Club Minuma”
First 15 families (Individual participants will be counted as one family, and the deadline will be closed when the number of families reaches 15)
- Rice planting (June)
- Weeding of rice fields (early to mid July)
- Rice harvesting (mid-October)
- Bean pod removal from the Club’s field-grown soybeans + edamame take-home (November)
ou can participate in each event for ￥5,000 each.
Privileges for those who have made reservations to participate in the annual program
- Those who participate in rice planting and harvesting will receive 1 kg (approx. 6.6 cups) of brown rice harvested and sun-dried.
- Participants will be given priority to participate in the “Miso Making Workshop” to be held from March to April of the following year.
1. rice planting
2.weeding the rice paddies
3. rice harvesting
4. removing soybean pods
Paddies and fields
Nearest Station: Higashi Urawa Station, JR Musashino Line Clubhouse: 3 minutes walk from the station Rice Paddies and Fields: 12 minutes walk from the station